Friday, August 27, 2010

A few weeks ago the doctor felt a nodule on my thyroid. Upon further inspection, it is actually pretty large and wrapped around the thyroid. I saw an endocrinologist yesterday and he did a biopsy right then and there. Two shots to numb it and 8 shots to extract cells from different areas of it. I won't know anything until Tuesday or Wednesday. My neck is bruised and sore.

Regardless of the results it has to come out because it is pressing against my trachea. Surgery. A scar on my neck. Great.

He also said that my sugar and triglycerides are too high and if I can't get them down within 6 months with diet I will have to go on insulin :( I see the nutritionist on Tuesday.

Hoping for the best.

1 comment:

  1. If that nodule is benign and has cystic component in it, the ethanol sclerotherapy can be used instead of surgery

    ReplyDelete